Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just give it ten minutes. It'll change.

Uh, the weather, that is. To recap, here's the crab apple tree on Sunday afternoon:

Photobucket

Same tree, yesterday afternoon:

Photobucket

And now the very same tree, only moments ago:

Photobucket
Votes on your favorite?

In this part of the country, we are fond of quipping, "If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes." On Sunday, we had highs in the low thirties, we had rain, sleet, and snow. Yesterday, the highs were in the mid forties and gorgeous sunshine cast periwinkle shadows over the gleaming surface of the snow from Sunday. The snow melted and dripped, and the puddles grew huge. Today, it drips some more, and the sky is gunmetal grey. Highs are supposed to get into the fifties, and tonight we're under both a wind advisory (which means I'm NOT driving Bucky to choir!), and a winter storm watch.

In like a lion, out like a......lioness? I realize it's only mid-March, but if this pattern continues, we may have a whole pride on our hands.

I like this little crab apple tree. I think I'll make it a complete study in seasons, and I'll update with pictures as the season wears on. I think you'll grow to like it as much as I do.

No comments: